Saturday 17 December 2011

Banana French Toast


1/2 ripe banana
1 egg
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon of flax seeds (optional)



Put all of the ingredients in the magic bullet or blender until mixture is smooth with no banana chunks left. Dip pieces of bread ( I use my whole wheat oatmeal brown bread) into the mixture coating both sides and fry the bread as you would regular french toast. I prefer to use coconut oil but you can use butter or non stick spray. Flip to fry both sides.


My son loves dipping his in peanut butter but it tastes great plain which is how I serve it to my daughter since she is younger and tends to make a huge mess if I give her the peanut butter. I make extra and I keep it in the fridge. I think it tastes even better cold and it's such a great snack for the kids and so easy to just cut up in little bite sized pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment