Monday 9 January 2012

Jon McKinley's 24 week Transformation


I was contemplating making major changes in many areas of my life. In late May 2011, I snapped some pictures and decided to not look back!  The only real challenge at hand was to apply myself and adhere to new life choices. May 28th 2011 I weighted 164lbs at around 18% body fat (lean weight 141 ish),  this wasn't bad considering 12 months before I had no build whatsoever and weighted 150. I had been stuck around 165 for over a half year already,decided to analyse myself and realised I was doing many things wrong which was keeping my results from their full potential.

From June to the end of August '11,  I made sure to drink close to or over 1 gallon of water  and to bring up my meat protein intake. I had meat every morning and tried to bring in a wider spectrum of protein into my diet. I set aside more time for the gym and used a "mind muscle" approach to my weight regiment. I supplemented with ALPHA and a lot of GP3 powder as well and Nitric Impact.These adjustments were working for my body and on August 28th I weighed a full 10lbs heavier on the scale and looked much leaner at around 15-14% body fat making my lean body weight around 155lbs.
The biggest challenge still lied ahead, my protein intake still was not sufficient and I still had a major lack or fruits, veggies and healthy fats in my diet. I became determined to study nutrition and keto diets in depth so that I could continue my transformation with results! At the beginning of September I put more time into cardio and meal prep, I kept seeing gains and decided to go into a full ketogenic diet as of the beginning of October. By doing the ketogenic diet and doing extra cardio twice a day I noticed my body was healing faster and could handle more as the days went on. Doing a keto diet ended up making me consume meat proteins and other proteins over 6-7 times a day with lots of chicken and cheese salads. I learned so much about my mind and body during this transformation. On my final picture day, November 27th '11, I knocked my body fat to 8% and weighed in at 178lbs after a good 2.5 days of carb loading. Making my lean body weight around 164lbs which was my beginning weight!! During my transformation, I weighted in at 182 before doing a few weeks of water extraction. On the evening of November 29th my weight was up to 183lbs. My lean muscle gains are anywhere from 23lbs to 26lbs in only 24weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment